Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Veganism: Day 1

Good morning!
It's Wednesday, February 1st.  It's going to be a good day...at least I'm going to do everything I can to make it a good day.  How?  I'm going to stay positive and do what I can do to be healthy.

So, what lesson to I want to teach my children today?  That when things might seen a bit crazy, slightly depressing, that you can choose to be in control.  You can choose to smile.  And, of course, the obvious one, you can choose to love.

Today, I will eat vegan.  Whether it is determined that I have cancer or not, eating vegan is the healthiest way to eat.  I will be doing something positive for my body, the environment and the cows!

For breakfast, I'm going to have oatmeal.  For lunch, I am going to eat a salad.  Dinner seems so far away; however, I plan on making spaghetti with mushrooms and carrots in a tomato sauce.  My husband and kids will like the dinner and that will make me happy!

Anna, Liam, Owen and Gavin, you might be upset that I am going vegan.  You might not know (yet) why I am going vegan.  However, at the heart of the matter is that I love being your mother.  You four are the best gift your father and I ever got.  Not a day goes by when I do not feel so grateful that you four love me as much as I love you.

Here's to our new journey!
Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment