Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pro-Life vs Pro-Choice: Which is right?

There is an ad that sometimes appears on my blog.  It's is a Pro-Life ad.  It wants you to click if you want to protect the unborn.  I'm annoyed by the ad.  Nobody asked if I am Pro-Life or Pro-Choice.  The ad makes an assumption that I am Pro-Life.  Well, I am 100% Pro-Life when it comes to me and my babies.  However, I am not when it comes to you and your body.  It's your decision.  I am not you and you are not me.

The purpose of my blog is to encourage discussion about infertility, preterm labor, miscarriages and stillbirth, not to alienate, point fingers or force people into situations that they neither want nor can handle.  For my friends who are on the far left, I fear this ad will make them feel uncomfortable.  For other friends, who I know had to make difficult decisions with horrendous situations, I fear this ad will hurt their hearts. I am sorry.

I know that instead of writing this blog, I should be researching how to remove the ad and make sure it never appears at the bottom of my blog again.  However, I didn't want this to go unaddressed.

Sorry,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment