Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Fewer Stillbirths Among Those Vaccinated Against H1N1

This is a timely news story, considering the post I just published on The Strongest Women.  


According to a new study published in the June issue of the American Journal of Health, pregnant women who got a flu shot had a significantly reduced risk of stillbirth, preterm birth and have a baby that was small for its gestational age.  The specific flu shot that was in this study also protected against the H1N1 or swine flue virus.  


In comparison, women who were not immunized, and I was one of them since I couldn't find a doctor who would give me the shot since I am technically allergic to eggs, the women who received the shot were thirty-four percent less likely to have a stillbirth, twenty-eight percent less likely to deliver before 32 weeks and nineteen percent less likely to have a  baby that was small for its gestational age.


Here is a link to the article.








Here are links to chapter one of my book:

No comments:

Post a Comment