Thursday, June 7, 2012

IVF: Higher Risk of Complications; So what?

I read this study from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologist in the UK about higher complications with IVF babies.  It sucks.  Seriously, it's not like women are choosing to use IVF over the normal way to procreate.  It's not a chose; it's one of the last options.  And now… women are told of the higher risk.  What are women suppose to do with this information?  Would it have changed my mind?

No, I would NOT have changed my mind.  We tried to procreate the normal way.  We knew we had fertility issues.  We tried artificial insemination…three times.  If we wanted a sibling for Gavin, we were going to have to do IVF.  This study was not going to effect my decision making.  Would it have changed your decision to do IVF?  I'd love to know.



Here are links to chapter one of my book:

No comments:

Post a Comment